A related contact is anyone who has a connection with a matter. You can add the related contact's name to the matter for easy reference to that contact's details. You can add the related contact's details while creating the new matter itself, or anytime later, by editing the Matter details.
Note: See How to add a new matter to learn more about adding additional contact details to a matter while making the matter entry.
To add additional contacts to an existing matter:
- Click on Matters in the left sidebar. Lawcus displays the Matters screen.
- Click on a Matter Card to edit the details of that matter.
- Click on the Edit icon () or on Edit matter in the Quick actions panel. Lawcus displays the Matter details screen.
- Click Add related contact to add the related person's name and relation to the client/matter.
- Specify the Relation type (Father, Mother, Uncle, Aunt, Attorney, Investigator, etc.)
- Type the name of the Relation contact.
Note: As you type, Lawcus will show you a list of contact names that match with what you are typing. If the name you want appears in the list, click on the name and then click the Add relation button. Otherwise, if you are entering a new name, type the name and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Lawcus will add the new name to your Contacts.
Once you specify the relation contact name, Lawcus will add the relation details above the client's name.
- Click the Update button to save your changes and return to the Matter details screen.
The newly added contact appears in the Client & Contacts panel.